Is the long national nightmare coming to an end.. or will spring break force a new surge of COVID-19!?
It's all up to these kids now. OUR FATE IS IN THEIR HANDS.
Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber told WSVN he thinks "we're expecting a larger than typical spring break."
Experts have warned against people traveling to Florida or other places as states work desperately to roll out vaccines and get as many people as possible the protection against the virus.
"We understand there’s a lot of angst to get out and enjoy our beautiful weather and our beautiful beach, but we’re just asking for cooperation from our college students that do decide to come to Fort Lauderdale," Frank Sousa, the area's Police Assistant Interim Chief told WSVN.
X X X
A Florida beach hotspot has banned Spring Breakers from out of state who are under 23 years old, as they brace themselves for an influx of thousands of college students amid COVID-19 concerns.
The Wharf announced on Friday that throughout March, it will not allow in anyone from out-of-state who is younger than 23 in a further effort to curb Spring Break debauchery. ..
Students are ignoring pleas from officials to socially distance and avoid gathering..
Several Florida cities have made attempts to impose further restrictions as they fear that the Spring Break ritual could result in a spike in cases as it did last year when the pandemic had just reached the United States.
In Miami Beach, a midnight curfew is in place and patrols have been beefed to stop alcohol consumption on the beach, while in Fort Lauderdale, steel barriers have been erected between bars to enforce social distancing. .
FEELING DEJA VU
We have been here before.
Recall headlines from March 2020, long before the spring surge of COVID was ending out "normalcy."
The clip went viral. "If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying," Brady Sluder, a spring breaker in Miami, said last week.
Now, as the United States is at about 55,000 cases of the coronavirus, including more than 780 deaths, and is on track to become the new center of the pandemic, he has revised his message: "Don't be arrogant and think you're invincible like myself."
On Monday, Sluder posted a lengthy apology on his Instagram, first reported by The Cincinnati Enquirer, in which he said he "wasn't aware of the severity of my actions."
Of course, Sluder, 22, of Milford, Ohio, has elderly people in his life whom he "adores." He didn't want to put anyone at risk. Now, he understands how serious the virus is and is encouraging people to follow the guidelines on how to stay safe and reduce risk. Most of all, he's sorry
Sluder went on to say sorry after his comments about getting a virus went viral.
“If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying”: Spring breakers are still flocking to Miami, despite coronavirus warnings. https://t.co/KoYKI8zNDH pic.twitter.com/rfPfea1LrC
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 18, 2020


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! Keep reading the fishwrappers!